Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Where to begin

So I've been attempting to write for many years. I have thousands of ideas in my head, but how do I get them down on paper and sellable? Throughout my schooling I hated to write. I knew why, it was the way I had to write. I never understood this concept. If writing is an expression of the writer then why can't the writer express it the way he or she sees fit?

I call this blog, uneducated writer's journey, not because I never went to school, but because I never followed my heart and learned what I needed to.

Let's not even mention just how bad at spelling and grammer I am. Another reason I stayed away from the classes.

In high school the writing classes were mostly journalism. This I knew, was definatly not what I wanted to do. So I went about my high school life, like most, not worring about the future.

When I left school, I still didn't have a plan. Suddenly I found myself dropping out of a local community college and enrolling in Bradford business school for paralegal. Needless to say, that lasted about six months. I worked for the next four years before deciding that I needed to try schooling again. I went to the Art Institute of Pittsburgh for special effects. I enjoyed it for the most part but something still felt like it was missing and I started to lose interest again. I loved the creativity of it though and knew that the only time I was happy was when I was creating. Whether I was painting, sculpting, creating jewelry or writing anything, I would be happy.

Now however I need to decide on one career with many hobbies. I know that is to be a writer, more precisly, a novelist. Yah a decision, so now what...........

No comments:

Post a Comment