Monday, February 8, 2010

The end of ABNA

It's 12:10am marking the end of the amazon breakthrough novel awards. I sit silently and remember to breath every so often as I let out a long sigh. I would love to say it is a sigh of relief that my last valiant effort made it so but to no avail.
I had uploaded my pitch and even my excerpt all I needed was to end the manuscript. I had gone back an edited it so that it would be good to go in the last seconds. I knew however that even at my best I could not make the word count that I needed to make up.
I thought for a moment to just end the novel and upload it as is without the minimum word count being there just at least to see if I could make it through the couple of rounds before hand. But I still have so much more story to tell and I had to say no. So as the clock ticked down the seconds I sigh.
The submission period is over the tab says and I except it.
I could say all the excuses that caused me to not be ready but in the end my story wanted it's time and so now it gets it.

2 comments: