Sunday, January 10, 2010

Learning about deadlines the hard way

So I am trying to enter the amazon breakthrough novel awards this year. The entry is Jan 25th-feb 7th but only the first 5,000 entries in both catagories will be taken so of course I would have to be ready to go on the 25th. I've decided to write a completly new book to enter which shouldn't have been an issue but suddenly it is. Life has gotten in the way once again and my mind has completly blanked. The minimum word count is 50,000 words and I'm not even @ 4,000. It is still doable but it is definatly teaching me about deadlines and the stresses of them. I hope one day to have to truely deal with them from an editor. Coincedently the prize for this comp is a publishing contract with penguin publishers and a $15,000 advance. It is what I want to do with my life and being an uneducated writer it is a difficult task to accomplish but so worth the try.
I'm not normally one to do a complete outline for a novel but I've tried with this one but it just won't flow.
So now I sit here on a bench outside the movie theater blogging to all instead of writing my novel but I guess it is good that I'm at least writing.
Goodbye for now..........

No comments:

Post a Comment